Introductory course in Riebeek Kasteel
Now more than ever, we need to cultivate inner peace and a strong centre while the external world shifts on its axis. Meditation is one of those time-honoured practices that help us stay calm, centred and focused.
This is a four-week introductory course for beginners to learn the art of meditation in a very accessible process. You’ll learn the principles of meditation and practice several different techniques. There will be a focus on posture and grounding to lay strong foundations for your meditation practice.
There is an extensive body of research to suggest that regular meditation is a game-changer. Meditation actually rewires your brain for peace, well-being and success, and has many tangible benefits. Creating good health and balance (emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually) requires that we change our habits, and through changing a number of habits – how we connect with our bodies, the way we think, what we eat, how we move – we change our way of being and therefore our experience of life. Meditation is one of those key habits that will change your life.
The aim of this course is to give you the tools and confidence to make meditation a habit and sustain your own daily practice.
So come with Beginner’s Mind and let’s sit together!
Watch this space
10 scientifically proven benefits of meditation:
- Reduces stress, worry and anxiety
- Improves well-being, stability and inner peace
- Increases your sense of connection with yourself and others
- Allows greater awareness and intuition to arise
- Improves focus and memory
- Can help overcome or manage addictions
- Reduces physical and emotional pain
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves cardiovascular health & lowers the risk of heart disease
- Opens the heart, allowing natural compassion to arise.